PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar EBA 2019
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2019, 02:45
PoppaJo

Received 295 Likes on 124 Posts
Thommo you sound like one of those Alan believers?

I can assure you any negative passenger vibes seen on the nightly news will be forgotten very fast. Impact to revenue will be almost zero.

Lowest fare wins in this demographic. They might be swearing and threatening to never fly this mob again, however on the next Bali or Cooly trip when they have a choice of a $39 Jetstar or $120 Virgin flight.....I wonder who wins.

The media need to ask Gareth if his pilots are the lowest paid Airbus drivers in part of the world. I’d love to see the reply. You wouldn’t get a straight answer out of any manager within the group.

Any quality and decent investigative journalist probably needs to look past the passenger fluffy drama and look into the corporate greed vs lowest paid front line workers within in its industry. Just look at Woolworths recently.

Jetstar also recently stated it has a target of a 21% profit margin in the medium term, which is nearly double the current margin. Adding into the mix it’s outrageous executive remuneration figures, claiming they can’t afford to get its pilots off the lowest paid ladder is beyond absurd.