PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anyone trained with Helicentre Leicester?
Old 27th Nov 2019, 21:26
blessing786

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone trained with Helicentre Leicester?

Hello All,

I am sort of new to the forum, I have been observing member for some years but recently decided to post topics, so apologize in advance if this is the wrong area.

I am currently looking for a school to do my PPL H, I wanted to do it in CABRI G2, purely because of the modern cockpit and single cyclic. One of the schools which I have found is Helicentre Aviation based on Leicester, they do their training on the Cabri G2 and have 6 of them, has anyone trained with them? Are they a good school? What the instructors like? Any assistance with PPL exams etc?

Currently looking at the modular course which is in the region of £20k, but exams are self-study and have to be sat in 6 sittings. Are the exams easy to do as self-study? They offer one to one tuition on subjects if needs be but their exams are not held on-site but done at a CAA center elsewhere. I find this a bit different because I previously started training but quit midway 10 years ago and I did exams on site, I gave up at the time due to marrige and kids etc, I feel I would be fine with most exams apart from Navigation as it involved working with the flight computer etc.

Any one that can share advise on this shcool or any other Cabri G2 school? Just worried I may need re the exams etc.

Funding currently is not an issue and have enough up until CPL H.

Thansk in advance