PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mt Erebus Disaster 40th Anniversary
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2019, 11:57
layman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ampan

I'll bite. From what I have gleaned from my various readings on the Mt Erebus disaster, as the aircraft captain it is unlikely that Captain Collins can be considered to be completely blameless.

However, as he was only one of many with substantive input into this disaster, are you willing to share your thoughts on who you consider to be the other individuals and organisations that might share the blame?

Perhaps you can also share your thoughts on the degree of culpability you would assign to each of these individuals and organisations?

Actually, apportioning 'blame' is probably the least useful area of discussion that can still be had about the Mt Erebus disaster.

After this length of time it is likely to be more productive to be periodically reminded about disasters such as this, identifying the lessons learned / re-learned, and incorporating 'solutions' into organisational and / or personal SOPs.

Perhaps you can add to this discussion by identifying how Mt Erebus changed your personal, or your organisations, approach to flying?

regards
layman

Last edited by layman; 26th Nov 2019 at 11:58. Reason: grammar