PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Defence under a Corbyn Government
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2019, 07:40
woptb

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Timelord
I am no fan of Johnson or the current Conservative party and I agree with much of what woptb posts above, although I believe the “disgraced former cabinet minister involved in secret meetings.........” is actually the Home Secretary. My beef with JC is this: Disagreeing with your nations policy is fine, supporting its enemies is not.
During the Vietnam war millions of Americans opposed the war, They organised, demonstrated, protested and refused to serve. All perfectly honourable. Jane Fonda, on the other hand, went to Hanoi and was photographed smiling and supporting N Vietnamese troops. That is not fine, and it earned her the undying contempt of US servicemen who served there. JC is the same, believing in a United Ireland and peace is fine but entertaining IRA in the Houses of Parliament and demonstrating in favour of the terrorists conspiring to kill British soldiers is not.

I accept that that can be a narrow distinction, but perhaps Pr00ne and CJ can respect my point of view as I do theirs without impugning my intelligence or gullibility .
Seems reasonable, but shall be popping along to arrange your stoning later, what time would suit?