PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Mauritius - all you need to know about MK (threads merged)
Old 25th Nov 2019, 18:43
4runner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CHEASApilot
The company has always been good. No wonder why out of almost 200 pilots at least 150 of them are foreign nationals who most often choose to become Mauritian citizens. From an article about a female MK Captain i recently read, the company is currently trying to convince Mauritian nationals qualified and working abroad to come back to work for them. But knowing them, they are always on the look and must surely have a pile of qualified cvs.

Furthermore, they opened their own academy. So they will definitely have to absorb the pilots they've trained, future of Mauritian aviators like myself could be good. They ordered new aircrafts but are now leasing it, surely not forever. Once market expands and they bring back the a/cs, very experienced Captains who've got 5-6 years of careers left could be offered a great expat salary and a comfortable life on a very sunny beautiful developing island to supervise line training of new recruits !

If you're a Mauritian national i encourage you to apply, but if you're not then leave the opportunity for fellow Mauritian nationals. Getting a work permit for abroad is tough, as long as the company will have experienced expats willing to join, they will never do an effort to absorb the local trainees(We all know this is an experience process to hire newbies). This is how you get young pilots like me working on a cruise ship as a waiter to keep my license alive while by now after an excellent high school and engineering degree, saving hard to complete training i should be flying high !

Trump calls this protecting our jobs !
the issue isn’t the expats and their amount of experience. It’s the locals lack of experience. Maybe you should be flight instructing and building hours instead of blaming your lack of qualifications on those more qualified.