PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How Boeing lost their way
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2019, 03:23
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
I agree with CurtainTwitcher that it is now a systemic problem. Forty years of CEOs being raised on the motto Shareprice - at any Price. We can see it in so many companies. One example I might suggest is British Airways, whose product continues to dissapoint (another IT failure etc). EVERY corporation gets fat, lazy and complacent. VW had the good fortune to not kill anyone by false test results. Coca-Cola only hurt themselves with 'new Coke'. Boeing lost sight of everything and, as yet, have not made proper obeisance to the truth nor reparations. But this freshly minted business study case will take them a decade to recover from.

I suggest that NO executive or non-executive board member is entitled to ANY bonus for ten years. That's for starters to make it clear that - as they put money before people - now they should suffer the same and lose money. Because we can be sure tha no one will go to jail - which is the real crime. Nothing less than a decade of solid safety can repair their name, they had better start thinking long term again.