PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lossiemouth Upgrades
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2019, 06:11
Richard Dangle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As jolly as all this politics stuff is any chance of an actual update on the matter in hand, from an old ex-kipper mate?

Specifically, when do we expect to sent the first operational sortie out of Lossie?

Since I know people can be a bit slippery with the "truth" in these days of fake news, maybe it would be of help if I set down my own (very personal) definition of what a proper operational sortie is...

A bunch of guys n gals living on or near said RAF base pitch up at oh oh god it's early to get briefed by a bunch of other guys n gals also living on or near said RAF Base.

Said bunch bus out and strap on their shiny new four-jet, which has been prepped by a bunch of other guys n gals... (you get the picture)

Some long, or not so long, hours later, shiny new four-jet arrives home and one bunch is debriefed by another bunch.

The flying bunch head to scruffs bar (or bars, if our bunch is still mixed rank) for a proper debrief.

Some hours later, smelling of curry, beer and whatever the shiny new jet uses for hydraulic power, our heroic bunch arrive home and try and convince their wives, husband, mixed-gender partners, to bump uglies.

With mixed success.

So when is this expected to happen for the first time?