PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mt Erebus Disaster 40th Anniversary
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2019, 02:32
Chris2303

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
When I read this I thought that Milton Wylie was just defending his boss, and I'm still not sure.

However when I read this
"He also reveals his concerns about the fact First Officer Graham (Brick) Lucas, who had been an Air Force navigator, on TE-901 was not on the flight deck in the final moments. Wylie believes he could have made a difference to the fatal outcome.) "I knew him personally - a very experienced guy, very forthright. I'm sure if he'd been on the flight deck, he would have had something to say at an earlier stage. Why wasn't he on the flight deck? Another eye, another ear, another brain - and somebody who was certainly not going to sit still and be quiet. He was a very forceful character." I agreed entirely.

I met Brick Lucas at the WLG Aero Club when I was learning to fly (PPL only, sorry) and I found he certainly called a spade a bloody shovel. I flew with him a number of times when he was flying the newspaper run for Murray Turley's Capital Air Services and Air Albatross and found him to be most professional and a good friend

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12286526