PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Flight Attendant Accused of Racism by will.i.am
Old 18th Nov 2019, 21:54
Airbubba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will.i.am has a history of taking to Twitter after the airlines don't give him special treatment.

He tried to get into United's First Class lounge with a bogus ID it seems:

Popstar will.i.am took to twitter last night, to criticise the airline company that had allegedly kicked him out of their first class lounge believing his membership card to be fake.

The Black Eyed Peas rapper tweeted to his 12m followers yesterday night that he had been removed from the United Airline Global First Lounge after staff would not believe that his card was authentic.

After deciding to leave, he took a picture of the United Airline Global First poster alongside the words “I got kick(ed) out the club #unitedCLUBsucks."
It is not known at which airport the incident occurred but according to tweets earlier in the day it is believed he was on his way to Washington to visit his close friend and fellow rapper Sean “Diddy” Combs.

United said how much they appreciated his business and said they would 'reach out to him'. Presumably they gave him some free tickets so he wouldn't take his business elsewhere.

United Airlines said in response: "We invite only customers travelling in United Global First, customers with Global Services status traveling in United BusinessFirst, and customers traveling in first class on other Star Alliance carriers to visit our Global First Lounges. Since the customer did not meet these criteria he did not have access to the lounge. We are reaching out to the customer and appreciate his business."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/do-you-know-who-i-william-voice-coach-is-kicked-out-of-first-class-lounge-after-staff-believe-him-to-9351101.html?amp

He also was indignant when United gave away his seat when he showed up late for an international flight.

'I fly
@BA@quantas@koreanAIR@singaporeAIR & they wait for premium passengers to arrive...they don't give away your seat like @united'

The rapper whose real name is William Adams then explained what a close call it had been. 'Plane leave at 1:15 I got to the airport at 12:30...
@united is the worse...I should have learned from the last @united experience'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-2784752/amp/Will-vents-Twitter-United-Airlines-gives-away-seat-flight-China.html