PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-2
Thread: Manchester-2
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2019, 09:28
avicon13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LAX_LHR
This isn't a 'MAN apologist' view, but one in general, as most UK airports suffer 'long' border queues, even the mighty Heathrow.

I often see sensationalist headlines and quotes of 'many stuck in border queue' and so on.

'Ooh Barbara, there must be 150 in this queue, it's totally not on'.

Yes Geoff. Of course there is 150 in front of you, you were last ones off a plane that holds 189 people, not to mention the flight from Munich parked up alongside you that also holds about 150 people, so what the hell are you expecting exactly? Where is it people think that your fellow passengers go once you exit the aircraft! You all have to go through the same blooming door!

It's just a British thing, we love to moan about Weather, the darkness level of a cuppa and how long the queue is. A queue could be 1 person deep and the person still find it unacceptable. What is this obsession with a queue, I just don't get it!

Came through MAN T1 last night, border took 8 minutes and people still moaning 'this is bloody ridiculous'. What were they planning to do with that 8 minutes they 'lost'?

Just baffles me, it really does!
Would have to agree with you. People open their mouths and moan before taking the time to think about all the things going on around them. No doubt certain bits of infrastructure and processes could be improved to better handle the flow but do people really expect that an airport like Manchester can provide queue free journeys from kerb side to aircraft and vice versa? Nowhere but in the most extravagant parts of the world do people build airports that won't involve queues at most peak times during the day.