PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lossiemouth Upgrades
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2019, 21:47
alwayslookingup

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by HAS59
alwayslookingup
Good dit
You forgot to mention the Wales and Berwick Act 1746 in the union. As far as Wales goes ... it lasted until the Welsh Language Act in 1967.
As for my awkward little hometown (Berwick upon Tweed) the act was still in force until 1978 when Berwick was placed in England (for now as we say)
A hard border from Berwick to Carlisle would be a nightmare to set up and control. I suspect a return of Reiving would ensue.

You hit the nail squarely on the head with your post though.
I'm pretty sure that the RAF/Army/Navy will be in Scotland, whatever the politics, it just makes good military sense.
Thanks. While I support Scotland being Independent and in full control of our resources, I also realise that in the modern world, to prosper we would need to be in any number of political, economic and military alliances. That's the way it is, which is why the current move to exit the EU is such insanity. We have a large potential enemy in the name of a certain ex KGB Colonel so must work together to ensure he doesn't prevail. And, to return to the OP, Lossie will have a large part to play in that strategy!!