PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Flight Attendant Accused of Racism by will.i.am
Old 17th Nov 2019, 18:19
oicur12.again

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Some points worth noting,

At no time did he refuse to comply with FA instructions, as far as we know. The FA accused him of not acting fast enough.

We have all misheard instructions as a pax while wearing headphones, let’s not go overboard.

His accusations of racism appear to be verified by other pax and the lack of interest from the rozzers.

I have two family members with dark skin and both have been subject to racism on Qantas flights.

As a reasonably frequent customer of QF long haul it is my experience that QF FA’s can be overly......insistent and often impatient with customers.

In my experience as an airline pilot for many years, FA’s can be very quick to over react to customers who are not completely or immediately compliant and I would suggest PIC’s react with some skepticism and investigate at least a little before simply siding with FA’s.

To suggest he should simply “go home” is akin to installing blinkers to a very real issue QF should be paying a little more attention to.

Contrary to to one of the posts above an irrelevant point is worth noting, Will I Am is an incredibly successful entertainer in numerous fields.