PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL, how hard is hard
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2019, 13:01
Kevin31

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bit late to thread

Hi

Was in a similar boat and similar age to. I started and have fallen off the wagon. Personally I think it is hard. Make sure you fully understand how you best study and learn things before you start. Ensure you have a good understanding of Maths and Physics as these are key areas in the ATPLs. Most people will tell you its nothing more then GCSE level but that all depends on what level you were at when you did your GCSE's. Me I was bottom classes and never really grasped things Maths wise so struggeld and therefore find most of the concepts in the ATPLs alien and very hard to learn. Compounded by the fact its been 20 years since touched any of that sort of maths or physics makes for it been very big struggle.

If you did ok at school you should be fine but there is a ton of information to get through then the QB to so it is alot of time and effort required. Bristol do offer and Maths and physics refresher thats worth doing that covers and refresh people on those type of things.

Who you doing it with school wise?

Just my 2 pennys worth might not be of much value but wanted to give you perpective of someone who doesnt seem to grasp things as easy.

Cheers

kev