PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NHS Medical records issues
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2019, 10:34
Fire and brimstone

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by lcolman
This is pretty poor. I find it funny that we as laymen get reprimanded for challenging the most obvious mistakes, whilst being at risk for prosecution for failing to declare minor medical issues.

There is a definite trust issue here and the authorities are making it difficult to trust their ability to get simple things right, let alone complex issues.

This is why we have issues with people hiding things.

You cannot condone anyone hiding a medical condition (and I know that is not what you are saying), but I do take your point.

I've just waited a month to get the results of a NHS scan, and when I complained to me GP surgery, they chased it up with the hospital. The hospital stated that they forgot I had the scan - even though they sent me for it themselves, so no one has even looked at the results.

I had to make a Data Access request to even see the results, which showed a tumour that has now grown 25% in the last four months.

Are these mistakes, lack of oversight, or pure negligence?

(Not that any of these people care, but all the above is stopping me going back to work - and that's before I am even told of I need my head cut open!)