PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Flight Attendant Accused of Racism by will.i.am
Old 17th Nov 2019, 07:08
73qanda

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
When is the last time you took the time to walk to the back of the aircraft to speak with passengers, crew, inspect the food and alcohol service (for legal requirements) and inspect the toilets during a flight?
Bendy , the above statement shows that you A) aren’t currently a pilot in an Ausi Airline and B) Don’t know the current rules/regs around flight deck security.
Police, bar managers, Airline Captains etc will all differ as individuals as to how they apply the legislation. I reckon Will I am just came across someone who applied the rules hard and fast and was not going to muck around with third or fourth chances to comply with crew instructions. It’s also not unthinkable that the crew member was under stress and over reacted. Who knows? Probably no one on this forum.
It’s tricky as a Captain, I started off just backing the crew and after a few years had one situation where, if I could go back in time, I would have played a cooler hand. Since then, I’m a little more judicious around these events and give quite clear instructions about de escalating the situation and changing which crew member is dealing with the difficult pax etc.
Edited to add; strangely enough, my first ever disruptive pax ( departing Brisbane) as a Captain was also a mega famous American rapper although he was from the first generation of rap super stars and started disrupting business class before we even pushed back.