PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Flight Attendant Accused of Racism by will.i.am
Old 17th Nov 2019, 03:23
V-Jet

Received 59 Likes on 29 Posts
So a member of the cabin crew properly carrying out her duty for the safety of all passengers is suddenly racist because she has to deal with people who are of a different colour?
Think of the Police in the US. Or dealing with almost anyone in the US. 'You're being racist!' 'No, I don't care what colour (spelt correctly!) you are, you drove through a stop sign and hit me'. 'You're only saying that because I'm black'.

Alternatively, as I pointed out to semi black female friend in the US who insists that it scares her walking in public because she is likely to be shot by Police, if innocent black people are shot that often - why are there so many left?

I find the US obsession with colour bizarre, extraordinary and totally out of place in the 21st Century. Didn't that stuff get put to bed nearly a hundred years ago?? If I meet Fred and Fred is a card carrying violent idiot, then he is a card carrying violent idiot who _might_ be yellow, green, white, black or pink. Wee Napoleon might be a thieving incompetent Irishman, but that doesn't make all Irshmen thieving and incompetent.