PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pre-course entry requirements for teaching for MEP / IR
Old 17th Nov 2019, 02:25
VFR-Seek and Destroy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pre-course entry requirements for teaching for MEP / IR

Hi,

I’m unable to find the answer on the EASA website ( even with the help of google ) the requirements needed to be accepted onto a course that would give an instructor the privilege to teach for the MEP(L) class rating or the SPA MEIR rating.

Looking for a career change and believe instructors with these privileges are in demand at the moment.

These privileges would be added to my FI rating ( although it’s rarely used at present ).

I believe a pre-requisite to be eligible to attend a course to learn to teach for the MEP(L) class rating is 30 hrs PIC on MEP(L) and for the MEIR is 200 hrs IFR. ( Would the hrs from MEP(L) class rating tests successfully passed count towards the 30hrs PIC needed? Do the 200 IFR hours needed as a prerequisite need to be on a MEP(L) or could IFR hrs on a SEP(L) count towards the total. Unfortunately I never logged IFR hrs, only simulated / actual instrument time and have no accurate way of precisely saying when the flights were operated under IFR 😕 ).
Is there any other pre-requisites that I’m missing?

And finally, as most students training for these ratings are aiming for a “frozen ATPL” and are on either a modular or an integrated course would an instructor need a minimum of 200 hrs instruction given to be able to instruct these students? ( I am aware that these are ratings and could be attached to either a PPL or a CPL and the 200 hrs instruction given applies when instructing students for CPL licence issue but don’t these students just do a CPL LST and these ratings are issued at the same time of licence issued.

Thx,

VFR