PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HK Government just doesn't get it
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2019, 11:21
Slasher1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome back Traf and well said. I think the cardinal sin one can make in life is in misplacing priorities and as such giving more time to something than it deserves. You only get one life with a finite amount of time which is your most precious resource so use it wisely.

It personally pains me a bit that there are so many who stubbornly refuse to see and accept the situation as it is and rather choose to lose themselves in the weeds — head in sand — and by so doing miss much better opportunities of all kinds in life. HK ain’t what it was, the place ain’t what it was, and it a person doesn’t see the writing on the wall I feel sorry for them. If one can distance themselves — using this as a hobby rather than a big chunk of time and life — then it might work. Using the job more as a vehicle to do things a person might enjoy— like going places and seeing good friends. But I can’t imagine the regret a person might face if he or she were to sacrifice important time with loved ones and doing really cool things to devote to something that ain’t gonna love you back.