PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia recruitment
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2019, 18:37
under the radar 55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Colonel_Klink

The latest resource plan showed a need for the following pilots over the next 12 months:

12 x 777 SO positions
20 x Aus 737 FO positions
6 x NZ 737 FO positions
4 x ATR Captains positions
6 x ATR FO positions
Handful of WB Captain and FO positions

Those numbers typically don’t take into account further attrition during the year (say if QF started awarding start dates again).

And those numbers also typically don’t take into account backfilled positions (for example if the Company awards a 330 command to a 737 captain, they will then as an example replace that 737 captain with a 737 FO, who may be replaced by a 777 SO who may need to be replaced by someone on the hold file).

That list doesn’t cover TT or VARA West Coast positions.

And of course that list could change pending outcome of network review (which as a guess I would think would be pulling capacity out of NZ)!

Fingers crossed you don’t wait too long on the hold file.
Does anybody have inside knowledge as to when the internal bidding for these positions is going to be completed? I am guessing they are currently being advertised internally at the moment?

Also, does anyone know if Human Resources are going to be awarding any start dates to externals before Christmas or is everything winding down until the next year? Also has this resource plan changed since the announcements of the fleet & network review at the annual general meeting on the 6th of Nov?

Lots of questions that have all been asked before, I'm just wondering if anyone with inside info can share any current updates. Cheers.