PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will it work?
Thread: Will it work?
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2019, 19:25
HyFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It won't work. By that I mean it won't expand as it's own business model as it is not possible to offers seats at these prices and make a profit. How do I know. Well I know that 4 is larger than 2. Hence, the maths of this were you have a cost higher than any possible revenue means it makes a loss. making a loss isn't the prime aim of good business..at least not as a basic business model. QED.

Now, if you have a regular paid activity covering a substantial part of the empty legs, and this is an idea to obtain extra revenue on this already contracted and paid for legs....well of course it may work, and good on them for trying interesting ways to obtain revenue...as longs as the costs again don't outweigh the revenue generated, The extra insurance costs may have to be factored in, the sale and distribution channel...the personnel to deal with the great unwashed, as the FBO/handling isn't going to play that role free of charge for any length of time...and the cost of dealing with the 'Public'...who at best are thick as planks in the most part, and incapable of following even the simplest instruction....even if they bother reading it. You're gonna need staff to take all the 'I'm at terminal 2 at the check-in desks and can't find GAT. !' goons.

Good luck.......................but there are other ways of doing this, realistically....without the hype......and being honest. It isn't every going to be a big money spinner....unless a sensible model can grow large and capture a large number of empty legs at zero cost to the operation....and then share the eventual sales with the operators...to make them interested.