PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lauda Cadet Type Rating
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2019, 16:29
bulldog89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nineshsimbers
Well they are ‘sponsoring’ you. 20,000 is at their own cost. They ‘incur’ the cost. A type rating does not cost 10k€, and line training is to compensate for the extra 10-15% extra the line training captains make.
20k€ is a certain amount of money. It is also the sum LAUDA says to equal their expenses. It may differ from the real cost, and since they're asking you to certify that it's the correct amount (something you have no idea about) it probably isn't.
In any other industry training costs are part of the risk of making business, and such requests are just unthinkable and laughable. Just to put things into prospective: I know people without a high school diploma making 30k€/year, 8 hours/working day, 12 days off/month, living in their hometowns with their families, in a country with lower salary taxes and living costs than Austria's ones, no bond, no previous training costs to be repaid.

Anyway, you're not paying 10000€. You're paying 10000€ plus another 20000€ to allow you to leave the company at your discretion.

Again, during line training you're flying PAYING passengers, so the company is making money during your "training".

Originally Posted by Nineshsimbers
320 pilots are definitely the most employable. However that is relative. And now the market is still saturated with 320 rated pilots and many who cannot find a job, many having to get a new rating. The Lauda contract isn’t as bad as that. At least I wont be seasonal, but I agree Lauda is not the best. EasyJet, as great as their training is also have a poor standard of cadet First Officers. With their ethics in their selection process with Amy Johnson and making a profit from TR on every cadet out of flight school with they take, I question their company ethos.
Anyone who had the opportunity to read an easyJet contract knows these two airlines aren't even comparable. They're just two different galaxies.