PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas’ search for female pilots has led to more workplace harassment - Quartz
Old 10th Nov 2019, 19:33
Sprite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for your reasoned reply Fred. I think all legitimate views should be considered and I think the poster you mentioned has actually made some excellent points. Deleting their posts would be a pity.

I think you’ll find we are a lot more active now than than we have been in the past, and are slowly having success at changing those parts of the job that we all dislike. We just go about it in different ways. Additionally sometimes it takes a critical mass of like minded people to get things done. It’s very hard to fight for something when you feel alone and unsupported in your view, much easier when there is a group supporting and encouraging you.

No we are not going to get every weekend and Christmas off. There are other female dominated professions who work shift work and do not get this so it’s not that putting women off a career in aviation. It believe it is possible to make the job more family friendly for everyone if we keep making that a priority in negotiations.