PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VISION THREAD (other than colour vision) 2
Old 10th Nov 2019, 11:00
HAXDK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLASS 1 Eye requirements and limitations

Hi fellow aviators

Initially i got my class 1 medical denied because i unfortunately suffer from amblyopia (One eye dominant, one eye weak). My strong eye is better than 20/20 while my weak eye is around 20/40-20/50. After months of eye training (i know it shouldn’t be possible), and with the right lenses i saw 20/20 on my weak eye and got granted a class 1 with RXO that restricts me to see an Eye Examiner every two years.

I’m now a pilot traniee, and concerned that i might be refused on the upcoming renewal, if i somehow have a bad eye day. The Danish authorities are very bad at giving a concrete answer, so i’m hoping that i can find some help here. Do any of you know the speific requirements for visual acuity? I keep reading diffrent things, where some website states 30/20 in each eye, and 20/20 with both eyes (EASA), and other sites stating for each eye seperately it’s 20/20 (somehow also EASA). If 30/20 is correct, then all my concerns will dissappear. If it’s 20/20 in each eye, then i might be looking at an OML restriction.
Sorry for the long read