PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas’ search for female pilots has led to more workplace harassment - Quartz
Old 9th Nov 2019, 12:13
exfocx

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by A little birdie

Bzzzz but thank you for playing anyway.

If you employ the best people then they will likely significantly exceed the ‘min standard’. Therefore the overall ‘average standard’ is likely to significantly exceed min standard. If you only employ those who just meet or are at min standard then that will become the average standard or at least drag down the average standard from the highs it once was. Therefore the standard has dropped. Below min? Probably not but still below what it could be.

Now you may be perfectly happy with that as an outcome (bottom dwellers and those who need the leg up often are) but when I put my family on an aeroplane or sign on for a tour of duty I’d prefer to know that the best people have been employed, not those who only meet ‘min standard’.
HAHAHAHA, talk about trying to twist your way out of that one. A standard (and remember this, it was your choice of word, not mine) is a measure, it doesn't change if it's exceeded. In the past when women were automatically excluded that didn't seem to result in a problem for THE STANDARD, so why would preferencing women over men result in a reduction in THE STANDARD, unless of course you believe that women overall are less capable than men. Is that what you believe?

Logic's a bitch and something you seem to have trouble with.