PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NHS Medical records issues
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2019, 16:08
Fire and brimstone

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Sepp
This is a very interesting topic. I've just renewed my EASA medical with my usual AME and we were both surprised - he's known me for a long time - that my CAA record stated my eye colour as blue and hair grey. My eyes are green and I have brown hair. I've only had one medical done by another AME (because I also needed an initial FAA medical at the time); the FAA cert correctly shows both eye and hair colour so I think it unlikely that the second AME entered the new, incorrect data on the CAA system. Very odd. I'm off to my GP on Monday to get a look at what they hold, just in case.
I have just renewed my medical and the AME got my eye colour, hair colour, height (and by association, BMI), all wrong.

I challenged each error and was over-ruled.

I also put down my employer on the CAA form every year, and even so, they still had me working for a company that went bust over ten years ago.

One year I was also 2" shorter than every other year; another year the AME weighed me as 1/2 stone more than I was. When I challenged this, I was reprimanded, and told his scales were calibrated and accurate. When we went to use a second set to prove he was right, it showed his scales did over-read by 1/2 stone. He had been using these scales, one presumes, for all his medicals.

I can see how 'mistakes' happen ............