PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Non-Traditional' Aircrew
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2019, 21:11
deltahotel

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I’ve been out of the RAF for too long to have a valid opinion on badges/brevets/aircrew qualifications etc. I make the assumption that Voyager’s passenger compartment is pretty much the same in terms of seating, doors, slides, safety eqpt etc as similar civilian ac.

Do I assume then that when LJ goes on hols and hears someone from the flight deck say ‘welcome aboard. The CC are here for your comfort but primarily your safety .......’. LJ says ‘nah that’s a load of bollox. I’m sure we could manage to get out of this thing if it turned into a burning wreck without any help from these purveyors of sandwiches and water’.

Of course it gets played down a bit because we don’t want people to think it might really happen, but when a 777 crashes in Dubai because of some poor automation design and a bit of an aircrew cock up it’s the glamorous young boys and girls who have to put the trolleys away and get 282 pax out of an ac that’s about to explode in quick time. Of course they have a comfort/feeding/watering role but primarily it’s about safety safety safety.

Last edited by deltahotel; 1st Nov 2019 at 22:20.