PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Non-Traditional' Aircrew
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2019, 19:48
Lima Juliet

Received 80 Likes on 32 Posts
They are not there to feed and water you (though no doubt will willingly do so). They are there to save your life, and in doing so will no doubt risk theirs.
Absolute b0ll0x, there is nothing, yes nothing, that Cabin Crew could do for me to save my life over other human beings - this would be First Aid if I take a funny turn and there will be people that are equally First Aid trained amongst the Aircrew and other passengers have. They are entirely there to feed, water and keep the passengers calm - that is their primary role, everything else is secondary. Many passengers may well be way more qualified in medical matters and sea survival than someone that has done a dinghy drill and a few weeks of Cabin Crew training. Now I get Babs Harrison getting a GC but there are also countless others that receive GCs for their bravery in similar circumstances - it is not the fact she was a Flight Attendant, it is the fact that she was an incredibly brave woman. Here is another GC, awarded to a passenger on a Sunderland Flying Boat - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivor_Gillett. So really it is the act of bravery and not the fact of whether you are a Flight Attendant, Air Steward or Cabin Crew or not.