PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Atlanta icelandic relief pilot
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2019, 19:26
Vaero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Icelanta

You will have home base where you live and you will be positioned to where you are needed. This may be ANYWHERE in the World, alright?! Jeddah is just mentioned to make sure candidates are aware that part of the flying is out of Saudi Arabia.

Iceland is part of the European economic area, and the Airline is EASA. Except a current and long-term acmi contract in Saudi Arabia, the company has no link with that country, and new cadets are supposed to work freely worldwide and able to obtain visa’s easily, as is common with EU citizens.

you seem a real PITA with an attitude. Not good if you want to become an pilot onboard a widebody jet buddy.

to the remark that you’ll get 10 $ a day, well, that is simply ridiculous. For cadets coming straight from the Academy, the Cruise reliefs earn a decent fee for the role they perform.
Unfortunately I don't know what PITA means so I can't return the compliment. I don't think I have an attitude - I wasn't being sarcastic, I am truly not familiar with the terminology. I do know some details, such as flight crews being able to obtain easy visas, even if you're not an EU citizen, plus there are some countries that have stronger passports than some EU nations (Can you believe the top position actually goes to Asian countries). As far as I'm aware, Iceland, despite being part of the EEA is not bound by EU labor law which restricts jobs to EU citizens first and foremost because an Iceland-based airline earlier this year was recruiting international cadets for Second Officer positions, I have also searched up the airline, which has an office in Saudi Arabia, and many employees who are based there (according to LinkedIn) which is why I said what I did.

No need to get agitated