PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Atlanta icelandic relief pilot
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2019, 18:57
Cognoscenti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by P40Warhawk
Seriously? What tha hell is wrong with flying your whole career a B737. You feel yourself to good to fly medium and short haul?

There is a huge variety of operations. Also with B737. Last year I flew 19 different airports with the B737. This year around 20 as well.

Every person is different. Some like the relaxed lifestyle of Long Haul, others find it boring.
Some just want rather lots of take offs and landings.

I love flying short and medium haul. Nevertheless, I will soon experience also Long Haul as I change employers. Both have their Pro's and Cons, but saying short haul is **** and long haul is all that matters, sorry but that does not show a nice attitude.

Keep in mind that where I did this year in my 350 hrs on B737 around 200 Landings where on the B747 you make maybe around 10-25 landings at most per year. If at all.

Let it be clear, I am looking forward to my new challenge but it is a whole different operation.
And if you do not have lot of experience, you should be happy with any kind of job.
Your interpretation is interesting (narrow minded). You need to manage your temperament.

The point was you actually get to visit places worldwide. Flying up and down Europe is fine, it’s not as vast or as exciting as long haul destinations in general.