PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 30th Oct 2019, 12:09
WillowRun 6-3

Location: Within AM radio broadcast range of downtown Chicago
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paper chase

GordonR_Cape - Sen. Duckworth's placing the Lemme piece in the record might have gone essentially unnoticed by the Senators still in the hearing room at that point in yesterday's proceeding, but it didn't go unnoticed . . . . here. As she is one of the two Senators from my state, I contacted her office to register one constituent's strong approval for her work yesterday including the Lemme item.

Octane - on the Forkner emails and/or messages. I'm not taking bets exactly but lawyer instincts being what they are, I'd venture a kind of prediction. Lurking in the "destinations" effective U.S. civil discovery would reach - this includes in state court but more emphatically in the federal courts - there will be found a kind of subterranean edifice of knowing communications, assurances of being able to skate through it, of yes that dread Washington word, cover-up....we ain't seen nuthin' yet, or at best, tip-of-the-iceberg so far only. There was a "thing" (to mock today's vernacular) directed at keeping the lid on the MCAS mess. Proof? C'mon, a system pulled from the 767-into-tanker program and then changed into a different system altogether didn't just happen along, la-de-da. And speaking of iceberg, lettuce that is, follow the sales revenue. The SWA lawsuit? The Brazil CAA divergence on training? Again I'm not taking bets but if discovery had olfactory sense or dimension I would say I can smell it, the reams of printed information, emails, etc., showing a kind of mirror image of actions and omissions intended to keep the whole mess quiet, keep it low-key.
Just pause for a moment and imagine the deposition outline for Forkner -- yeah I know he's taken the Fifth (but if offered immunity, what then?). Every conversation with anyone at B about the MCAS? Block out a week on my calendar, baby-cakes.