PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southwest Airlines B-738 'Secret Lavatory Cameras' Lawsuit
Old 29th Oct 2019, 19:01
Airbubba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MurphyWasRight
Next time you are in the lav on an AC see if the inflight wifi is available, if so there is no technical reason that a perv could not do a livestream.
Are you sure? Don't most aircraft wifi networks block video and VOIP traffic?

Or will Apple's iOS mirroring somehow get around this?

The lawyers are starting to work the news media, perhaps hoping that Southwest will quickly settle the lawsuit and make this unsavory publicity go away. As is the custom, the attorneys will profess that they are taking this legal action for the betterment of humankind and the workplace and the fact that they are asking for money is purely coincidental.

From an interview with ABC News published Monday:

In her lawsuit against the airline, she claims that she made the discovery when she went into the cockpit during a February 2017 flight from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, to Phoenix, Arizona. She was in the cockpit so the captain could use the lavatory, she said.
"When I walked into the cockpit, I noticed that his iPad was located on the window and on it appeared a picture of the pilot. And I looked further and I realized that it was our pilot, the captain in the lavatory, and then I looked even further. I stared at it and realized that the picture was moving. So, it appeared to be a livestreaming video of the captain in the lavatory," she told ABC News in an interview on Monday.

She said she asked the first officer, who was in the cockpit with her, about the video. The first officer said that it was new streaming system and that the camera "was hidden so that no one would ever find it," Steinaker said in court papers. She told ABC News on Monday that the information came to her as a "complete shock.
"It occurred to her (Steinaker) that she, having used the lavatory, as had many of the other attendants and passengers, had likely been filmed," her lawyer Ronald Goldman said in a previous ABC News interview. Her lawsuit said that when Steinaker was back on the ground, after the plane had landed, she reported the incident to the airline but she claims in court documents she was directed by Southwest Airlines to keep what she'd seen to herself.

"It is ... clear from its statement that Southwest palmed this egregious event off as a joke, and it still fails to recognize the gravity of the harassment and threat to the safety of the flight. A purpose of this suit is to make sure that the culture that treats sexual harassment and hostile working environments at 30,000 feet as a joke will, it is hoped, end with the successful conclusion of this lawsuit," Goldman said in a statement to ABC News.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/southwest-...l_twitter_abcn