PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Seat Upgrades for crew
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2019, 21:33
Paul Lupp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GROUNDHOG
Slightly off topic but never mind upgrades for staff there is an inherent problem in the upgrade system for fare paying passengers.
I am booked LHR/YVR in PE, an offer is on to upgrade to Club at a reasonable price on my flight, so far so good.If you are travelling with a partner though there is no way of seeing the available seat plan before you complete the upgrade, it could be available seats are across decks let alone cabins and there is no return from the booking after you have paid. Rang the call centre (South Africa I suspect) and they could not help, using the phone the price tripled. Tried discussing it and suspect the agent put the phone down on me, I was cut off anyway.
I am a life long BA fan and in denial their standards had slipped ,,, beginning to think I am wrong!
Never had this problem with other airlines???
Coincidentally I am booked to fly LHR-YVR in PE within the next week. No window seats available - you get the option to view before deciding to pay.
Flight back a week later is the same - hardly any seats available to choose, and for a minimum of GBP45. Might as well wait until I can choose for free, and then double-check on day of flight to see if any others have become available.

Also, a bit off-topic, when I booked, BA were using the A380 on the route and I was looking forward to flying on the A380 again, but from 1 October they have downgraded the plane to a 747 :-(