PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is There Any Evidence The RAAF Has A Positive Attitude To GA?
Old 26th Oct 2019, 21:32
Sunfish

Received 89 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by Squawk7700

If they actually trusted you like you say they did, they would have given you ammunition. Now you’re just giving ammunition to everyone else, to use on you.

That was probably back when they had conscription; they don’t have that any more. That’s why they gave you the rifle, to make you feel important, thus it’s easier to send you off to war to your early death because you believe they trusted you to protect the country. You don’t realise it Sunfish, that nothing has actually changed over time! Nor have you...
You could buy ammo anywhere, and at the range it was free. The MCC rifle club offered me a brand new .303 jungle carbine (short barreled .303 with flash suppressor) still in its cosmoline for $10.00. I happened to have $10 in my pocket, but thought that Mum might not approve. A mate bought one and we tried it next weekend - kicked like a horse and a very loud bark - not useful for target shooting.

The rifles went home with us because it was the easiest way to store them at the time. Bare in mind that it was also your patriotic duty to have a .22 and shoot rabbits - for which you got a bounty.

Lest you think I'm joking about "lockdowns" this is what happened to a star wars fan who left the butt of a toy ray gun sticking out oh his backpack in 2008:

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...5cd1b4f0071ac1