PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RFDS feeling effects of global pilot shortage
Old 25th Oct 2019, 11:43
sdielectrical

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Everyone,

My post recently was one of a general experience in aviation but I would like to clarify now that I have had many jobs and the 1 year I worked for the RFDS South Eastern Section was the worst job I have had in my life. I have been fortunate to work for some fantastic individuals who have helped me progress in the industry and trusted me with their machines, their livelihoods and their reputations. Many of these jobs I have had have been very low paid financially. The RFDS job was a higher paying job, but I paid a much higher price with the way I was treated. When I compare back to the early days there is no comparison for me. Chalk and Cheese. If something ever happened to me one day whilst I was on the clock for the RFDS I know just how shafted I would be. It is not a comfortable situation to be in.

After 6 months in the job I told them to get stuffed and gave them 6 months notice. They left me alone for 6 months and I walked out the door on the last day my instrument rating was valid.

It is a small industry and mates look after each other.

Don't go and work for these clowns.

I used to donate money to the RFDS. I could not bring myself to do that anymore.

Very disappointing.

You have been warned. If anyone would like information please PM me.

I am not on here very often so please be patient with replies

Cheers