PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft Data Flashcards
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2019, 09:23
Runway26

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Trevor Hannant

As above, I wouldn’t get into the depths of wingspans, number of seats etc. jmmoric’s advice is a good starting point as if you go Area, a good amount of the stuff in the pre-learning will be of no use at all
have you gone down the area Trevor?

I know at global it is 50 of the ‘most common’ aircraft types. My course and I didn’t start to learn them until the week before the exam although we were told it would be best but when the actual revising started we all kept pushing it back as other stuff became more important to learn at the time.
The 50 types on our list though were all over the place, 747, a380, eufi, chinook, pa28, caravan, glex and so on.
Might be worth doing some detective work and finding someone who has been through the same college for a list of what to concentrate on. No point learning ones that you won’t need to know.
I heard (and can’t verify this) that at CTC you only need to learn a handful for the aircraft recognition part of the tests. Someone with more knowledge on CTC will verify that for you though.