PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HeliOps 2020 Calendar Giveaway - Updated
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2019, 19:19
Flying Bull

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
well Ned, to the original question I had a name - of an instructor (and flying safety officer with a tendency to crash while instructing - repeating the mistake...)
This guy decided, that after an engine failure on a SeaLynx, which led to a blocked runway on a civilian field, due to the back wheels. being turned out (for deck landing), that in future time the policy would be, for flights over land the wheels would be left in the towing position (used for OEI training at the home base)
It was against the FM - cause there are only wheel locks, no brakes and OEI and autorotations were tested by Westland with the wheels turned, giving braking action in case of...
Well, in front of the squadron, I said, it’s against the FM and made myself an enemy.
He couldn’t catch me on the flying side, unfortunately we had also do the „observers“ job and switching of the TANS and realigning the compass, while I re entered the informations from my plotboard, turning towards a danger area made a failed flight i.e.
He had more „tricks“ :-(
So at the end I quit the forces with the help of an attorney- which at the end, was the best thing, he could have done to me.
Instead of limited hours flying and spending month over month on the sea, I went into the civi world ��
For the second Question,
a flight with passengers in a Bell 206, when the compressor started to desintegrate, all dials dancing wild, „staying cool“, while telling the passengers, all will be alright, planing the flight path for autorotation, in case the engine would quit finally...