PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 20th Oct 2019, 18:49
hans brinker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lambourne
You have probably never met a Southwest pilot or seen one taxi or fly. It is eye opening in how they abuse those planes. I have crawled up the Jumpseat more than once as they cross the fence at Ref+30 after a completely unstable approach as they attempt to shave a minute off a flight. They use the FAR’s as a guideline. Had an FAA inspector in the Jumpseat recounting how he was in the cockpit of a Southwest 737. In descent with the clacker going off the Captain turned to the fed and said “that’s the Southwest victory song”. That was followed by a very long debrief at the gate upon arrival.

Just watch them land on 24R at LAX and use max braking to make the reverse high speed. I have ridden in the back and it is as if the earth has personally harmed them in the way they assault the runway.
So nothing is all you have I see. I JS on SWA at least once a week, often in the cockpit, have never see this. Ref+30 is over max flap speed..... Third hand story from someone else. Last time I checked using max braking and full reverse to make an exit: not illegal. Yes, they taxi fast. Yes, in the past they had a well deserved reputation, haven't seen it in years.
Also zero reply to my main point: You are wrong about the lawsuit.