PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stansted-3
Thread: Stansted-3
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2019, 17:18
Rutan16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JW95
You are indeed correct. I was recently in satellite 2 on a flight to Pescara and you can just about make out where the former KLM lounge once was with the blue panelling. Sad in a way, as despite the recent terminal redevelopment, BAA/MAG have left this area untouched for years, and it is now looking very tired and forgotten. I do reckon KLM would be a nice fit to the STN network. Their recent order of 35 Embraer 195s should permit the airline to expand. They already have LCY nicely covered and with LHR now packed to the gills, I reckon STN should stand a good chance for KL's return. The potential for success is certainly strong, especially when you factor in the wider network via AMS and the fact that demand for long haul in STN's catchment is growing. Perhaps MAG could reinstate/introduce a lounge or two in sat 1/2 which may further STN's appeal to KL (as well as other carriers).
As carrier that operates a least two sometime three daily slot sitters into Heathrow with Brasilians that then hang around T4 for HOURS at a time Plus numerous LCY rotations KLM/KLC aren’t exactly short of London capacity !