PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 20th Oct 2019, 15:49
hans brinker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lambourne

How can they prove they were harmed? How do they know what would have happen using your legal logic. Nothing is guaranteed. They are basing they harm on what might have happened to them in a positive circumstance. The same could be made in a negative circumstance.

it is a frivolous lawsuit by a pilot group that has limboed under most every Reg and rule. What about all the FAA fines levied against southwest for their improper maintenance procedures. It is a short cut company and mentality. I hope they get the case thrown out.
Not saying I agree with the lawsuit, but you are totally wrong. There are direct numbers published by the company about the amount of flights cancelled, hiring and upgrades delayed, and hours flown per pilot reduced, backed up by around 5% (and increasing...) of the the fleet grounded. This is not some "might have happened", it happened, and is still going on.
As far as you bad-mouthing their maintenance, the mechanics are fighting the company to stop those practices, and the pilots support those efforts. Please show me an example of the pilots "limboed (?)" under every rule.....
No, I am not a SWA pilot, or even fan of SWA