PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 17th Oct 2019, 19:45
glenb

Received 64 Likes on 33 Posts
accountability

In approximately one week, it will be 12 unacceptable months that this saga has dragged on. Throughout that period there were never any safety allegations of any sort raised. There were never any allegations of a regulatory breach.

Quite simply a "decision maker" within CASA changed his mind. It wasn't a committee, and it wasn't a panel. It was a man, and I simply want that man to stand up and say. "I am that man within CASA that made that decision!"

Its that simple. I want that man to put his name to this situation. Its time!

That man is, Mr Graeme Crawford OR Mr Craig Martin OR Mr Jason Mc Heyzer OR Mr Shane Carmody OR Mr Anthony Mathews OR Dr Alek

One of those 6 men. Is the decision maker.

It is essential that Australia's aviation safety regulator is accountable and can explain their decisions. Quite simply, I want that man to be a man, and step forward, and explain. For example.

My name is Mr Graeme Crawford, the Executive in charge of the Aviation Group of CASA.

I am the ultimate decision maker, and ultimately I accept responsibility. I stand by the manner in which my personnel have conducted themselves, and my advice to the Board is that we should defend the CASA position. I understand that will be an expensive process in terms of resources, nevertheless, that is my advice.

I have reviewed CASAs regulatory philosophy, and I have an understanding of Glens allegations. I have no concerns, and no raised eyebrows. Glen claims that he has been destitute by this process. Glen has asked repeatedly to sit down and talk about fair and reasonable compensation for the parties affected, but we have repeatedly denied him that opportunity.

Our preferred course of action is to rigorously defend the CASA position, let us now proceed down that path. I am confident that more than 99% of CASA employees are 100% behind me. They will staunchly support my conduct , and walk more proudly throughout the GA industry because of this. They understand that we are the Civil Aviation Safety Authority, and we are determined to improve safety, despite Glens best efforts"

Seriously, Im not taking the piss. SOMEBOBY accept responsibility. Put a signature to this. Someone.

Mr Prime Minister, I urge you. Just ask for that name!

As soon as that name is put forward, this entire issue will be more efficiently resolved. There can be no doubt. I don't know who that person is. It may not be Mr Crawford. The Organisational structure suggests it is, but I do not know.

. https://www.casa.gov.au/about-us/who...ory-philosophy