PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 17th Oct 2019, 11:21
Stickshift3000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glen has a compelling case in my opinion. Justice can be gained through a number of mechanisms. However, financial justice can only be sought through legal avenues.

There are a number of aspects to this case that may, to put it plainly, lead to adverse findings upon the regulator. And that's witnout even involving the media. I'm reluctant to go into further detail, as it will simply provide further Friday reading material for CASA officers...

Australia's public services are erroding more quickly than even I thought possible. Senior staff retiring or leaving, experts moving into consulting (charging back to government), well-intentioned but unempowered staff choosing other careers. What are you left with? The aspiring under-achievers who cling onto a (relatively) well-paying job, but are deficient in technical expertise (they can often be found googling industry information - I kid you not!). It's little wonder that government agencies require external reference groups to do their work - they have very little internal expertise left!

I commend you Glen, for fighting for your rights.