PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Could Aviation be part of the climate change solution?
Old 17th Oct 2019, 01:02
Lookleft

Received 195 Likes on 90 Posts
I think you have raised a very good point. The young are that stressed by all the doom and gloom being presented to them through SM and the education system that they really believe that the world is coming to an end. The perfect expression of that was Greta Thunberg's emotional address to the UN. I have no doubts about her sincerity but I also don't believe that she hasn't been manipulated by the adults around her. Much like the young girl that you encountered in Melbourne. In any flight deck discussion about CC it is very much a demographic divide. The younger pilots arent as sceptical as the older pilots. One of the big diferrences is that this is the first big issue that the younger generation have faced and accept it at face value. The older generation have seen it before with acid rain, nuclear winter, Y2K, crippling and irreversible environmental pollution, the hole in the ozone layer etc etc. The only way the current "crisis" will go away is it will be superseded by another threatening scare.