PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 16th Oct 2019, 20:13
glenb

Received 64 Likes on 33 Posts
Direction made by CASA Rgional Manager to terminate my employment

For complete clarity.

I urged this person not to get involved, in fact I pleaded to him. Previously he had portrayed himself as someone out to help me. He adopted a three stage process.

Initially he was instrumental in the destruction of APTA, That business was sold under duress at 5% of its estimated value. It was valued at $4,000,000. With the CASA overnight change of CASA approval, and continuing uncertainty over its future, its value after 8 months was virtually nothing.

I retained MFT, my school, and that was my last remaining opportunity to derive an income, but soon afterwards, Mc Heyzer came up with a new term "direct operational control". He then required that all my MFT students and employers be transferred to APTA, which effectively resulted in me giving away my business of 15 years. I have made many requests to have :direct operational control defined.

After having APTA trashed and then being forced to transfer my remaining business, MFT to APTA, I negotiated a position as an employee, which as you saw, MR Mc Heyzer then decided to intervene.

So for clarity. CASA have chased after my three potential revenue streams, APTA first. They them homed in on destroying MFT. Once that was achieved, they targeted my last revenue stream being to remain as an employee.

After 15 years as an employee with 30 weeks of annual leave owing, and 3 months long service leave, it all came to an end with all entitlements forfeited.

I viewed this as an unrelated matter to my main case, and approached an Employment lawyer, and they were amazed that he assumed he had that authority. The case is apparently an open and shut one.

The difficulty being that the claim must be made against the Employer, which does not appear fair if they acted under duress. Nevertheless, I will pursue a separate claim for unfair dismissal.

That decision cannot possibly be justified as I have done nothing wrong. I have never compromised safety and I have not broken ANY rules.

My crime. I vigorously defended myself against misconduct by certain CASA personnel.

I will use this opportunity to send a message to all 900 personnel that work in CASA. THe vast majority of you are highly professional, and I have a high level of respect for them.

Every CASA employee has the right to say.

"Im sorry but I choose not to get involved in this matter, for professional reasons".

If they choose to get involved, I will hold them fully to account.

It is time for each and every person within CASA to reassess their involvement, because they will soon have to justify their decision making.