PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TUI Airways
Thread: TUI Airways
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2019, 18:45
LBAflyer22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Yeehaw22
Why are you always so negative on this thread? Maybe your username implies an allegiance to another company but being so down on everything on this thread is getting tiring.
Why is pointing out little difference to the previous summer negative may I ask? It’s brilliant for the local economy and airport of BRS that TUI plan to station a 787 for the whole of summer 2020 and proves the market can sustain the 787. Brilliant for TUI good for the airport. I don’t get how I’m been negative on this. It’s not like it’s something brand new for the airport in S20 I’m just saying little difference to the S19.

Id also like to point out my previous post was simply responding to someone who said the PR of 2,000,000 extra seats (which a further post up there has pointed out it’s not mathematically possible without significant aircraft acquisitions) maybe a clear message to Jet2. I, quite rightly, pointed out I doubt at as it was a PR exercise and that’s it. There has been little proof of this expansion yet! Flip reverse it and Jet2 today have put some significant expansion out of MAN and further out of LBA and BHX and a new route. The announcement, apart from the LBA news, is yet to happen. TUI have shouted but are yet to put it on sale.

Im Yorkshire bloke, im Leeds based so obviously I appreciate Jet2 as it’s good for the local economy. However I understand the aviation industry (which I have a degree in) to understand competition is always good. I want TUI to expand and give Jet2 competition.

Oh and just for the record - id love a 4th based unit at DSA