PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cargolux details requested!
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2019, 03:20
A320driver33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NickJBax
Hi all,

Just giving you my experience about my first round of the assessment today.

6 weeks ago I applied. Within a few days I got my invitation to come to Luxembourg. For people not being able to go there, they also have off site assessment locations. You get a deadline for the required minimum training before doing the assessment, for some that is sufficient but for some it isn't. When getting near to the assessment, I advise to finish on a winner. If you make a last practice run before your assessment and you don't do as well as you could, it will add to the stress. You know what you can!

Arrived at Cargolux HQ and waited in the lobby. It is currently still in the old building, but the new HQ is planned to be opened next year.

We were greated very warmly by a woman from HR. She took us up to a classroom where we, me and 3 others, were going to be seated for the duration of the assessment. It all began very nicely, she was asking where we came from, experience and explaining us how the assessment will work. Also she comforted us with the fact that we were invited because Cargolux wanted us, we are there to show them why that is the correct choice, so just be prepared and be yourself.

1. as we were in the classroom everything went smoothly. You get your screen and computer and talked through the plan of the day. As there are also people for retesting, the plan is structured according to the person being re-tested.
2. the aptitude tests are straightforward, as trained on Mollymawk. Work efficiently, but not too fast.
3. The English is straight forward as well, practice past simples and past parciples.
4. Maths and Physics caught me slightly off guard some times. I practiced the questions and formulas a lot, but they'll ask you to counter calculate some of the formulas with larger numbers. For the bigger numbers, don't look too close. They often fit within each other.
5.At the end of all the testing you are able to see your certificates on your Mollymawk profile. Maths Physics and English show percentages, you'll see how much you've scored. For the aptitude testing it shows you scores where your age +5 years and -5 years have scored lower in percentile (e.g. 22 = 22 percent of the people 5 years older and younger have scored lower) these scores are throughout every company that has used Mollymawk. Don't be afraid if you get in the 20-ies, This can be sufficient.
6. when everything has been done, we got the opportunity to ask questions. Ask what every you want, concerns, ideas or anything else. If possible, try and get hands on the new CWA, Cargolux is very pleased about it and its improvements. They'll explain everything you want to know.

Within 24 hours you get news from Interpersonal if you passed yes or no. If you don't hear anything, don't hesitate to contact Cargolux, as they want you there as soon as possible, they can give you the result as well.

In the case of not passing, contact HR as they will tell you what happened and how you can improve for the following time. They'll give you a date for retesting and a new Mollymawk course where you can practice.

I hope this give an image of the first round of the assessment.

All the best and good luck to everyone trying out!
can you tell which time you left the Cargolux HQ?
just to plan my flight back home.
any advice that you remember from the test?
thanks in advance