PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TUI Airways
Thread: TUI Airways
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2019, 21:37
irishlad06

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LBAflyer22
They do but considering it is rumoured that the 3 Tankers are going to join Jet2 (2 already signed in to long term contracts), Titan and Jet2 work hand in hand very well together, they've had a good relationship with Air Europa in the past and also started using SmartLynx (who's biggest customer was TC). The strength to TUI here is Sunwing.

Can you please evidence where Jet2 have said they are expanding for S20? There is nothing out there to suggest this. Instead it is all hearsay, all rumours, and all been worked on within the airline. It is inventible,however it is the forums that take ideas and run with them at 1000mph. This is different to TUI who have announced the extra seats, extra flights, but never really given me anything. I want TUI to expand but i just can't see how at the moment they will - other than Sunwing.
the difference is Jet2 won’t announce summer expansion until they have confirmed everything such as routes, frequency, hotel contracts, aircraft leases and no doubt 2nd hand aircraft they are trying to purchase. Expect an announcement in the next few weeks. They just need to get this month over first as they now have 9 leased aircraft of which 3 are wide bodies one the largest aircraft they have ever had - a330-300 holding 388pax.

that’s the difference TUI have grabbed the headlines for next summer by saying 2million extra seats but no announcement of routes, frequency, aircraft type yet when Jet2 announce their increase it will comes with the routes and frequency.