PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle-9
Thread: Newcastle-9
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2019, 19:43
ash666

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quite amazingly, I find myself in full agreement with Skyman's post.
I often wonder how on earth so may people are allowed access to the Aspire lounge.
Part of the problem, I guess, is that half the KLM and AF flights have pax with Sky Priority which gives them access, even if they have to use points.
But the noise and behaviour makes it a pretty unpleasant place, though the food and drink I would say is ok.
The old one was more refined but the food and drink option was non-existent. Even at 6am you couldn't get a bowl of cereal.
And I have seen highly indignant passengers turned away because it was full of riff-raff and, no, I am not remotely a snob.
I get access to the Aspire Plus lounge and even get some biscuits (though I could go through and get something more), and find it an oasis of tranquility, though, like Skyman says, I do limit my time there to 1 cup of coffee.
On the other hand, we know that NCL is desperate to get income in from all sources so if people pay via Priority Pass etc to get in they will keep allowing it. Mind, I am only guessing that NCL benefits from that and it is not a totally an independent run scheme.
The lack of light and views doesn't bother me though the view of the apron etc would be good.