PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 12th Oct 2019, 20:46
Exiled Martian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greetings anonymous PPrune handles!

I’m looking for some guidance, more so advice on any information pertaining to the sim assessment aspect of the selection process expected in Doha (due to go over month end), So my questions are;
  • Any idea what simulator the SFIs/TREs use to conduct the assessment? Or is it potluck subject to 777/787 availability?
  • Another concern, being a NTR (738NG RHS) candidate, I want to be better prepared due to the obvious lack of familiarity with the 777/787 flight deck layout/set-up, and also to get some clarity on handling characteristics, the FBW trim ops etc. Barring hiring out a 787/777 sim for practice and going broke in the process, can anyone recommend any helpful resources that I could use for prep in order to to ease the nerves in a vastly unfamiliar sweatbox?
Any additional advise/tips on the above posed queries would be much appreciated!

Thanks

E.M

Last edited by Exiled Martian; 12th Oct 2019 at 20:48. Reason: Fat sausage fingers on the Ipad