PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aurigny Air Services-2
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2019, 18:34
KindaUnstuck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was on the GR610 last night and spent most the evening sat by the Customer Services desk in the Guernsey Departure Lounge as public announcements were not that great and updates were not always given, even if it was just a message saying we are still waiting for news etc. Icould hear what the ground staff were saying between themselves and what was being said on their radios. To be fair to the ground staff they didn't know much more than I could work out from what they were saying and flight radar and if anyone asked them they were pretty much telling them everything they knew.

The GR608 was sat fully loaded with with passengers for 3 hours before they were able to leave with the oxygen, pretty much as soon as she left the ground crew were saying the Gr610 would definitely be going at around 9.30 and that although Aurigny had said the Gr611 would operate they weren't so sure as they didn't think it would make it in time.

They were also given 15 minutes to turn the Embraer round in Guernsey which was never going to happen and it took 45 even though we were all lined up and ready to go. From what I understand as soon as we were offloaded in Gatwick at 10.55 they loaded the GR611 and then had to cancel the flight as they were not going to get back in time.

When the pilot did his message onboard he mentioned that 'amazingly there didn't seem to be any oxygen in Gatwick' which is why the Gr608 was also delayed and although the crew were trying to be descreet there was also a 'in the past this wouldn't have happened, we would have had a stand in aircraft ages ago' spoken between them.

Also, I don't know if it had any impact but COBO was down to do last night's Jersey and Southampton services but she had to be swapped out for HUET after the Jersey run due to technical issue and then some 610 passengers were questioning why the Manchester and Southampton aircraft weren't being used once they returned for the night rather than us waiting for the Embraer but to be fair even after a few passengers offloaded themselves to swap to today instead there were still 117 passengers onboard.

I got slapped with an £88 fine as the car hire company stayed open until I got there which as far as I'm concerned is annoying but the main thing is that hopefully the male passenger is ok, others however we're complaining about missed trains and wanting Aurigny to put them up once they got to Gatwick or pay for taxis so no doubt Customer Services will have had a few calls today.

​​​​​​