PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hawk XX204 Service Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2019, 16:48
Dominator2

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
A very long and detailed report, however, no mention that had the Hawk been retro fitted with an AoA system there would not need to be discussion about IAS, g, weight and configuration. Would be far safer and more relevant to the aircraft of today. I do accept that it would give the QFIs far less to talk about

I totally agree with the findings concerning the Command Eject system. Fundamentally flawed to cater for all different front/rear seat combinations. BAEs was naive to say the least and should have learnt from other 2 seat fast jets.

I find it very difficult to class the Circus crews as Supernumerary Crewmembers without caveat. There should be well defined regulations as to what is allowable with a Circus member in the rear seat. Supernumerary Crew was conceived to enable experienced aircrew fly in aircraft that they were not qualified on, not an easy way round the regulations for the Reds!!

There can be no doubt that Cpl Bayliss died needlessly. Yes, no matter how many hours you have, there is still something out there ready to bite. I do hope that Cognitive Impairment does not rear its head in the Inquest to follow!